Lawyers, Medford Or mostly deal with all sorts of family-related concerns that would include marriage, adoption, child rights, divorce, child abuse, surrogacy, etc. It is therefore only natural that various clients would have questions in need of answering on domestic violence, child support payments, who will take custody of the child, visitation rights, maintenance payments, and so on.
Even more, pressing for some, would be what to do if the husband refuses to pay maintenance? In this regard, you should always go with reputed law firms like the Medford Law Center.
Dealing with Divorce
It can be very distressing to deal with divorce. It is one of the primary reasons for a nervous breakdown as it affects finances and often stands in the way of getting on with your life. What is more, you will find that you still have to gain a proper understanding of things like child support, spousal support, how to divide your assets, and who pays what concerning debt, as well as a host of other concerns surrounding divorce. Then, there are the emotional challenges that get in the way of making head or tail about what needs to be done.
This is why you should opt for advice from a reputable law firm like the Medford Law Center who can provide skilled legal guidance and point you in the right direction.
They fully appreciate what you are going through as they have assisted numerous clients who had to face the same difficulties as you.
Besides, being confronted with a life-changing experience such as divorce is no joke. Whether it be contested, or uncontested divorce or even an affair that went wrong where financial holdings are involved, a Medford Oregon divorce attorney is just what you need to set matters right. What better way to get justice served.
Issues to Acknowledge When Determining Child Custody in attorneys Medford Oregon
When it comes to divorce, most if not all parents would be concerned as to what is in the best interest of the child. However, any parent wishing to file for child custody need to educate themselves with the child custody laws in Oregon.
Factors that would require your close attention would be:
- Which one of the parents are more likely to get custody
- What about the child’s wishes, bearing in mind that only minors over the age of 12 are considered as mature enough to make up their own mind.
- Is there a history of either drug use or domestic violence?
- Medford Oregon courts would only grant custody to a non-parent if a child’s life were in danger while in the care of a parent
- Any court in Oregon has the right to insist on drug testing before granting a parent the right to custody of the child. However, on being tested positive, it does not necessarily mean the court will not award custody. It depends on how frequently the parent has been using drugs.
How You May Benefit Yourself Hiring a Divorce Attorney
Those who have gone through it can relate to the fact how painful it was even though their marriage was an extremely unhappy one.
Some of the benefits one can expect from deciding to hire a divorce attorney, include:
- Reduce stress
- Obtain expert advice
- Avoid delays
- Avoid mistakes
- A binding agreement that provided clarity on who is responsible for what
- Offer technical knowledge: Divorce attorneys can offer the kind of technical expertise that you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere. After all, the legal person you intend hiring would have spent five years studying, and supplemented their knowledge with a lot of experience
- Objective viewpoint: Your attorney who deals with various divorce cases will act as an ever-present voice of reason. Their objectivity during emotional trauma will come in very handy
- Emphatic voice and tender hand: Many a divorce attorney have seen a lot of broken individuals during their years or representing others. They understand the grief that someone goes through in such cases. Therefore, you can expect an empathic voice and a tender hand from your divorce attorney. They will become your confidante during such trying times.